Friday, 13 June 2014

Letting Go of Everything

Bert: There's more where they came from. ~~ Mary Poppins
I used to believe that forgiveness is about letting myself and others off the hook for any harmful thoughts, words and deeds caused and letting go of criticisms, grievances, grudges, hurts and judgments. I now see forgiveness in a different light.

As I see it, forgiveness is letting go of all experiences and memories, "good" and "bad."

Why?

Because my true self and essence is Infinite Love and nothing can be added to or taken away from Love.

Therefore, memories/experiences that I consider to be good cannot add to Love; neither can memories/experiences that I see as bad take away from Love. In other words, Love doesn't need to hold on to any memories/experiences because there's infinitely more of Love to express in every moment.

As I see it, life experiences are rather like pleasant and not so pleasant dreams that I have while I'm asleep; and when I wake up from them, they have no impact on my waking experience. Speaking of dreams, when I was 10 years old and on my way to school, I was hit by a car. On the moment of impact, I heard a Voice in my head telling me the accident wasn't real and I was dreaming. The way events unfolded was remarkable. If you are interested, you can read all about it here.

During the 1980s, I used to watch the American TV soap, Dallas. At the end of one series, Bobby Ewing, one of the main characters was killed off. In the next series, the Ewing family and Bobby's wife, Pam, had to come to terms with their loss and move on. After the fans appealed for Patrick Duffy, who played Bobby, to return, the writers relented and wrote Bobby Ewing back in. They explained his "death" as a dream that his wife Pam was having. At the time, I thought it was a stupid idea. It was only when I recalled the experience I'd had as a child that I got it. Bobby Ewing didn't die because it was one long dream that never happened in reality, just as the accident I was in was a dream that never happened in reality.

Back to the topic of forgiveness, it's perfectly understandable why, as humans, we feel the need to hold on to memories as we believe that we can learn from those experiences. In fact, our subconscious mind records all beliefs, experiences and memories. Unfortunately, those memories have become a trap for humanity. Subconscious memories cause humans to experience sickness, aging, lack, imperfection and death; and keep us caught in the life/death time loop.

How do we convince our subconscious mind to let go of all memories which manifest as our bodies and life experiences?

By seeing the subconscious rather like the Internet. See all memories, personal and collective, as data that can be explored and studied out of interest, but have no power to influence you as nothing can be added to or taken away from who You are.

Then keep reminding yourself that you are Love and Love doesn't hold on to anything.

Imagine what life will be like when we all live from that clean slate mentality, where every day is new and there are no consequences?

It doesn't matter what you ate the day before, the food has no impact on your body. You are still at your ideal weight.

It doesn't matter how hard you worked yesterday, today you feel even more energised.

It doesn't matter how many years you've lived, you are full of energy and life.

One of the benefits I've found of letting go is being able to tap into the inexhaustible energy within me. I can go for long walks and feel like I've done nothing. People keep telling me that I always look the same and never age. I have even experienced instantaneous healings from injuries by just reminding myself that they never happened. I also find life constantly unfolding in wonderful ways. I have documented hundreds of miracles in my blogs that I've experienced in my every day life.

For me, changing the world is about constantly practising letting go of everything. When I let go of my experience of the world, the world will also change.
Love doesn't hold on to anything.
Nothing can be added to or taken away from Love.
Enocia

Related articles: Love Frees Me from the Consequences of Mistakes; Are You Constantly Discharging or Always Fully Charged?; What Never Happened and Guy Fawkes Night; Love's Constant Care; There's a Lot More Inside of Me; Let Go and Let God; The Unchanging is Changing; Where There are No Consequences; Nothing Added, Nothing Taken Away; That Didn't Happen! - The Dallas Dream; Running on Empty; Infinite Energy; The Improviser; What is the Point?; It is All Nothing - Revisited; Accident or Omnipresence at Work?


Posted at Readwave