Friday, 27 June 2014

Needle Work

When I took out the needle from the box where my mother keeps all her sewing stuff, I noticed the needle I wanted to use already had a blue thread on it.  I thought to myself that mum must have been using it.  I bet she prayed again for help in threading the needle as she can't do it even with her glasses on.
 
Although the top I wanted to repair was black, I couldn't be bothered to change the thread. I decided to use it but it didn't come out right. I undid the stitches and I took out the black thread. Before I threaded the needle, I prayed for help to thread the needle. In seconds, I was ready to go.
 
After I had finished sewing, I said to mum "I see you've been asking the Big Man Upstairs for help again?"
 
"What do you mean?"  she said.
 
"You did ask God to help thread the needle for you recently, didn't you?"
 
"Yes, I did! It was when I was sewing my trousers. Just as I was about to pray for God to help, I noticed this long thread already on the needle and it was the exact colour of my trousers. I thanked God for answering my prayer."
 
It was then I remembered that the last time I had used the needle was to repair my jeans and I had used a blue thread.  Since I was the last person to use the thread, how did I know my mother had asked God for help when the same colour thread was still in the needle?
 
I must have sensed her prayer.
 
I'm glad my mother's prayer was answered through me.
 
Enocia