Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Note to Self - Slow Down!

As I was walking through my neighbourhood,  I spotted this woman walking ahead of me. I knew at the fast pace I was walking I would soon catch up with her. As I wasn't  in the mood to chat, I decided to walk down another road.

On the next road, I saw another woman who I lives around the area. I said a quick hello. Just as I was about to increase my pace, she said, "Are you in a hurry?"

I could see she wanted to chat.  She said she was on her way to the doctor for a checkup. She also said her mother was now in the country and living with her sister. She said at least her mother now had access to good health care.

It was then I recalled that the last time I saw her at the local supermarket she'd been concerned about her mother who was in the Caribbean and worried about her mother not having access to the health care we have in the UK. I remember assuring her that things will work out for the best. I was glad her mother was now being well looked after.

My friend also said her anxiety about her mother had affected her health. I told her to relax as that will help her.

We walked together for a while and she chatted about her son. Before we went our separate ways, I reminded her to relax.

On another road, I saw a man I usually see at the supermarket.  He asked me where I've been as he hasn't seen me in months. Just as I was about to shoot off, he stopped me and gave me a warm hug, which I reciprocated.  He then wished me well.

Note to self - slow down!  Relax! All is well!

Enocia

Related articles: Smart Phone, Smart Move - RevisitedLove Doesn't Care About EtiquetteThe Importance of RelaxationHave You Got Time or Has Time Got You?The One Who Knows How