Tuesday, 24 June 2014

The Roof Garden

I have a friend I sometimes see at the library who is constantly keeping me up to date about free events in London. He recently told me about a roof garden on top of this department store and an exhibition at the same store. I was really interested in the roof garden and started thinking about who would be the ideal friend to hang out with at the garden.

The next day, I was Inspired to send e-cards to some friends. One friend asked if I wanted to meet up for coffee the following week. I sent him a link to the roof garden and asked whether he fancied meeting up there.  After a couple of days and still no response, I figured he wasn't interested. I made up my mind that I would go there soon. As I had also shared the information about the garden with my mother, who was planning to go there with her friend, I thought it would be nice to check it out to see whether it's easily accessible for her as she walks with a crutch.

One night I went to bed early. I woke up just before midnight to use the toilet. When I went back to bed, I had this strong urge to check my email. There was a message from the friend I had sent the roof garden link to. He asked if we could meet up later that day at the garden. I said yes.

Before I met my friend, I also went to the exhibition, which was the last day. It was about how the store was founded and how it has evolved over the last 150 years.

The roof garden was delightful. Despite the gloomy weather it did feel like a real garden; and you get a nice view of central London. They even had a TV showing the tennis at Wimbledon.

My friend  loved it!  He's one of a few friends I have who not only really gets me, he can see who I truly am behind the personality mask. It's always fun exchanging ideas with him.  He bought me some fruit juice and we had a lovely discussion about life.  The venue is also very accessible for my mother.

He who supplies the entertainment always provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy it. All I need to do is relax and let it happen.

Thank you, Love, for arranging everything perfectly!

Enocia

Related articles: Note to Self - Slow Down!; They Came to Me; Limited or Unlimited Resources; Love Makes Me Act at the Right Time; Why I am Not My CharacterHe Who Gives the Desire Will Surely Fulfil It