Saturday, 12 July 2014

How Do I Know What My Intuition Is?

Intuition: "A thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning:" ~~ Oxford Dictionary
How do I know what my intuition is?

My intuition appears in different forms.

Sometimes, my intuition appears as a preview of things to come when I see myself in my mind's eye doing something. If I'm deep in thought, my intuition stops my thoughts, flashes the "movie" and then lets me return to my thoughts.  It just shows my intuition is not hindered by my thoughts.

There are times when I have a feeling to do something and it's always the right decision.

Sometimes, I find myself daydreaming about stuff only to discover later that I had been picking up on things to come.

Other times, my intuition appears as thoughts. I find those can be tricky as I'm not always sure whether I'm picking up on thoughts around me, or even my own thoughts. I just have to play it by ear.

Here's are some examples of my intuition at work.

On the way home, I thought of walking down this road and then using the Zebra crossing at the end.  I decided to use a different route and cross the traffic lights when I hit the main road. When I arrived at the traffic lights, I couldn't cross as there was some major roadwork going on. There was a sign advising pedestrians to use the Zebra crossing. I had to walk back and use the same Zebra crossing that my intuition had advised me to use earlier.

As I was approaching home, I wondered how much money I had on my Oyster card (bus pass).  I thought about stopping off at our corner shop to check and then top up if necessary. I decided to do it the next day but I had another thought to do it now.  I went into the shop.  After checking how much money I had left, I put some money on the card. Just as I was about to leave, I noticed a sign on the counter warning customers that the shop was going to be closed all day the next day.  Just as well I had listened to my intuition.

The next morning, while I was getting ready to go to the supermarket further afield, I wondered whether my neighbour was aware that the corner shop was closed all day.  She usually gets her newspaper from that shop. I thought about asking her if she wanted me to get her paper for her at the supermarket.  On the way out, I saw my neighbour standing at her door chatting to this man who was handing her a newspaper.  Apparently, he had had the same idea and bought my neighbour's newspaper from another shop.  I asked my neighbour if she needed anything from the supermarket and she said no.

I decided to knock on another neighbour's door to ask if she wanted anything from the supermarket. She said she didn't as she intended to go to there later.  She then asked me to come round later for a bag of sweets.

A few weeks ago, I saw that same neighbour and she asked me to go round to her place for a bag of sweets. As I haven't been in the mood for sweets, I've been avoiding her.  She got me this time!  I should have seen that coming with my intuition.  Ha!

On the way to the supermarket, I remembered not to cross the traffic lights. I walked down the road and used the Zebra crossing instead.

Thank you, Intuition, for being my constant guide.  I always "hear" you; I just need to follow You more. 

Enocia

Related articles: Sweets and Treats; Congratulation!; Daydreams; The Intellect; When the Illogical is Logical; Fear or Intuition?; Freedom Only Knows How to Be Free; Intuition as Advance Warning