Sunday, 6 July 2014

Music Doesn't Care about Colour

Sometimes when I'm listening to music, I look up the song to find out who the writer of the song is.  I discovered the George Benson song Love x Love was written by English songwriter, Rod Temperton.  He has even written several songs I love.

I shared the information with my mother.

"You mean a white English guy wrote that song?" she said. "I don't believe it!"

"He's very talented, you know.  He even wrote Michael Jackson's song 'Thriller', which you like."

"You don't usually associate that kind of music with white people," mum said. "I am amazed!"

"Mum, music doesn't know or care about skin colour. Music is simply looking for open channels to express through."

Only humans judge and filter music into different genres; music is open to all who love music.

Enocia

Related articles: The Power of Music - Revisited; Love Conquers All; Your Box is Empty